Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Irkey Things

There are many many things that make me so happy in this world. My family, my friends, my pets, God's beautiful handiwork, good food, Animal Crossing on the wii, my TV shows, chocolate,etc. Far more things make me happy than make me irritated. However the things that make me irritated REALLY make me get irked. I really don't like to get that way, but as I get older I find more and more things that cause this to happen.

One of the things that REALLY gets to me involves my Doctor's office. When you call there you will NEVER and I mean NEVER speak to his nurse, much less to him. Even if they have just called you, and you immediately pick up the phone and call right back, you will NOT speak to anyone. You can leave a message, if you can even get their ANSWERING MACHINE! Although they say their hours are from 8:00 - 5:00, they turn their phones over to the answering service around 4:45!

The front desk is a whole other story. If they are "busy" looking at a magazine, talking about the girl in the next cubical, having a snack, filing their nails, or on their phone talking to their significant other, you can forget getting waited on until they are through. They look at you like you really have the nerve to walk in and disrupt what they are doing.

The other thing that irks me the MOST at the doctor's office is their answering machine. In their message it says "if this is a life threatening emergency please hang up and dial 911". YA THINK? If I were having a life threatening emergency do they really think that I would call a doctor that I have never spoken to, or his nurse that won't answer even though I KNOW she is right there listening to my message while she files her nails and reads her magazine, and eats her snack! PULLLEASE!

1 comment:

Is There Anything?

Is There Anything?
Is there anything sweeter?

Almost...