Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Teachers Are Peolple Too




Sunday, November 13, 2011 at 1:18pm.

I love Pinterest! I have really become addicted to looking at all of the great ideas on there. HOWEVER- I am not that fond of all of the ideas that say "make great teacher gifts". It seems as though if it doesn't cost anything, something that is lying around your house in the bottom of a drawer, is recycled trash, you can make 1000 of them for pennies, or it can be bought for $1 or under it would make a "great teacher gift". Please don't get me wrong- I love all of the sweet gifts that I get from my students. The ones that they make themselves are precious. I know when I get these that they were thinking of me on their own and that means a lot to me. I'm not talking about those gifts at all. I am talking about those people out there that must think "teacher's don't make much money so they will like ANYTHING we give them". They are close to being right- but not quite. We also like gift cards from Sonic, candles, snack items, candy, cute pens and paper, even gift cards to the TEACHER store. These don't cost a lot either. But really... we see plenty of broken crayons everyday, we really don't need a wreath, picture frame, candle holder, pencil cup, room sign, or ANYTHING made out of them. That also goes for apple shapes, pencils, scissors, glue sticks, and glue bottle- CRApFTS. I know everyone is trying to save money these days and you still want to show you are being thoughtful- help your child write a thank you note to their teacher. That is as thoughtful as you can get- plus I'm sure they have some picture frame made out of pencil shavings laying around somewhere, so they can even frame it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is There Anything?

Is There Anything?
Is there anything sweeter?

Almost...