Sunday, May 20, 2012

So Blessed

I was thinking the other day about what a blessing my two beautiful children are to me. I am so very thankful to be their mom. I am amazed at God's blessings everyday, but my children, He went above and beyond my dreams.

You see I was never supposed to have children. When I was eighteen years old I had endometriosis so badly that I had to have surgery. In that surgery I had my left ovary, tube and anything else that was on the left side, removed. Along with a tumor that the doctor said was the size of a "grapefruit"!  The doctor told my mom that I would probably never be able to have children, but there was a chance if I had some procedures done to get pregnant. Well I was eighteen, no boyfriend, no thought of marriage, so I was okay with all of that, but it did upset my mom.

Fast forward to when I was 24 and in love with the love of my life, Jeffery. I knew that I had to be very open and honest with him about myself. So I told him about everything. I had the last 6 years to think all of this through and I knew without a doubt I wanted to be a mommy when I was married. So I told him regardless of how I became a mommy, be it through adoption, procedures, whatever- I WAS going to be a mommy. It took him some time to think it over, but he came around to the idea that he could be okay with those options too.

Fast forward to when I was 27 and had been married for 3 years. I had been on birth control for 9 years after my surgery to help control the endometriosis, so I knew in order for any pregnancy to happen I had to be off of that. So Jeffery and I talked about it and decided to stop "the pill" and see what happens. Wow!!! What a great decision that was! Five months later, we did a home pregnancy test and could NOT believe the results. We actually thought "these things are a rip off" this can NOT be accurate. So we didn't tell anyone- until we went to a doctor. The day after we went to the doctor I called the doctor's office from my school. I still remember what the nurse said- "Mrs. Smith- your test was positive"  and I remember what I said too- "what does that mean?" and she said "your going to have a baby"! The most beautiful words I have ever heard. I immediately called Jeffery still having a hard time believing what I was telling him!

I had  amazing pregnancies, labors, and deliveries. The easiest of anyone I have ever heard from. Both times I was pregnant, I felt better than I ever had in my life!

So to say that my children are a blessing to me is really such an understatement. I guess I really don't have words to describe what it means to me to be a mom. I know God knows my heart and I know that He knows what it means to me. He loved me so much that He sent His only Son to be my Savior, so I know He knows. Until I was a mom, I don't think I could even imagine how much He loves me. I think that is why it was important to Him for me to be a mom. I am so glad He wanted that for me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is There Anything?

Is There Anything?
Is there anything sweeter?

Almost...